47 CFR 54.422 - Annual reporting for eligible telecommunications carriers that receive low-income support.
(a) In order to receive support under this subpart, an eligible telecommunications carrier must annually report:
(1) The company name, names of the company's holding company, operating companies and affiliates, and any branding (a “dba,” or “doing-business-as company” or brand designation) as well as relevant universal service identifiers for each such entity by Study Area Code. For purposes of this paragraph, “affiliates” has the meaning set forth in section 3(2) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended; and
(2) Information describing the terms and conditions of any voice telephony service plans offered to Lifeline subscribers, including details on the number of minutes provided as part of the plan, additional charges, if any, for toll calls, and rates for each such plan. To the extent the eligible telecommunications carrier offers plans to Lifeline subscribers that are generally available to the public, it may provide summary information regarding such plans, such as a link to a public Web site outlining the terms and conditions of such plans.
(b) In order to receive support under this subpart, a common carrier that is designated as an eligible telecommunications carrier under section 214(e)(6) of the Act and does not receive support under subpart D of this part must annually provide:
(1) Detailed information on any outage in the prior calendar year, as that term is defined in 47 CFR 4.5, of at least 30 minutes in duration for each service area in which the eligible telecommunications carrier is designated for any facilities it owns, operates, leases, or otherwise utilizes that potentially affect
(i) At least ten percent of the end users served in a designated service area; or
(ii) A 911 special facility, as defined in 47 CFR 4.5(e).
(iii) Specifically, the eligible telecommunications carrier's annual report must include information detailing:
(A) The date and time of onset of the outage;
(B) A brief description of the outage and its resolution;
(C) The particular services affected;
(D) The geographic areas affected by the outage;
(E) Steps taken to prevent a similar situation in the future; and
(F) The number of customers affected.
(2) The number of complaints per 1,000 connections (fixed or mobile) in the prior calendar year;
(3) Certification of compliance with applicable minimum service standards, as set forth in § 54.408, service quality standards, and consumer protection rules;
(4) Certification that the carrier is able to function in emergency situations as set forth in § 54.202(a)(2).
(c) All reports required by this section must be filed with the Office of the Secretary of the Commission, and with the Administrator. Such reports must also be filed with the relevant state commissions and the relevant authority in a U.S. territory or Tribal governments, as appropriate.