47 CFR § 54.613 - Eligible equipment.
(a) Both individual and consortium applicants may receive support for network equipment necessary to make functional an eligible service supported under the Healthcare Connect Fund Program.
(b) Consortium applicants may also receive support for network equipment necessary to manage, control, or maintain an eligible service or a dedicated health care broadband network. Support for network equipment is not available for networks that are not dedicated to health care.
(c) Network equipment eligible for support includes the following:
(1) Equipment that terminates a carrier's or other provider's transmission facility and any router/switch that is directly connected to either the facility or the terminating equipment. This includes equipment required to light dark fiber, or equipment necessary to connect dedicated health care broadband networks or individual health care providers to middle mile or backbone networks;
(2) Computers, including servers, and related hardware (e.g., printers, scanners, laptops) that are used exclusively for network management;
(3) Software used for network management, maintenance, or other network operations, and development of software that supports network management, maintenance, and other network operations;
(4) Costs of engineering, furnishing (i.e., as delivered from the manufacturer), and installing network equipment; and
(5) Equipment that is a necessary part of health care provider-owned network facilities.
(d) Additional limitations: Support for network equipment is limited to equipment:
(2) Used for health care purposes.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.