47 CFR 64.1602 - Restrictions on use and sale of telephone subscriber information provided pursuant to automatic number identification or charge number services.
(a) Any common carrier providing Automatic Number Identification or charge number services on interstate calls to any person shall provide such services under a contract or tariff containing telephone subscriber information requirements that comply with this subpart. Such requirements shall:
(1) Permit such person to use the telephone number and billing information for billing and collection, routing, screening, and completion of the originating telephone subscriber's call or transaction, or for services directly related to the originating telephone subscriber's call or transaction;
(2) Prohibit such person from reusing or selling the telephone number or billing information without first
(i) Notifying the originating telephone subscriber and,
(ii) Obtaining the affirmative consent of such subscriber for such reuse or sale; and,
(3) Prohibit such person from disclosing, except as permitted by paragraphs (a) (1) and (2) of this section, any information derived from the automatic number identification or charge number service for any purpose other than
(i) Performing the services or transactions that are the subject of the originating telephone subscriber's call,
(ii) Ensuring network performance security, and the effectiveness of call delivery,
(iii) Compiling, using, and disclosing aggregate information, and
(iv) Complying with applicable law or legal process.
(b) The requirements imposed under paragraph (a) of the section shall not prevent a person to whom automatic number identification or charge number services are provided from using
(1) The telephone number and billing information provided pursuant to such service, and
(2) Any information derived from the automatic number identification or charge number service, or from the analysis of the characteristics of a telecommunications transmission, to offer a product or service that is directly related to the products or services previously acquired by that customer from such person. Use of such information is subject to the requirements of 47 CFR 64.1200 and 64.1504(c).