47 CFR 64.705 - Restrictions on charges related to the provision of operator services.
(a) A provider of operator services shall:
(1) Not bill for unanswered telephone calls in areas where equal access is available;
(2) Not knowingly bill for unanswered telephone calls where equal access is not available;
(3) Not engage in call splashing, unless the consumer requests to be transferred to another provider of operator services, the consumer is informed prior to incurring any charges that the rates for the call may not reflect the rates from the actual originating location of the call, and the consumer then consents to be transferred;
(4) Except as provided in paragraph (a)(3) of this section, not bill for a call that does not reflect the location of the origination of the call; and
(5) Ensure, by contract or tariff, that each aggregator for which such provider is the presubscribed provider of operator services is in compliance with the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) An aggregator shall ensure that no charge by the aggregator to the consumer for using an “800” or “950” access code number, or any other access code number, is greater than the amount the aggregator charges for calls placed using the presubscribed provider of operator services.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 64 after this date.