47 CFR § 73.3540 - Application for voluntary assignment or transfer of control.
(a) Prior consent of the FCC must be obtained for a voluntary assignment or transfer of control.
(b) Application should be filed with the FCC at least 45 days prior to the contemplated effective date of assignment or transfer of control.
(c) Application for consent to the assignment of construction permit or license must be filed on FCC Form 314 “Assignment of license” or FCC Form 316 “Short form” (See paragraph (f) of this section).
(d) Application for consent to the transfer of control of a corporation holding a construction permit or license must be filed on FCC Form 315 “Transfer of Control” or FCC Form 316 “Short form” (see paragraph (f) of this section).
(e) Application for consent to the assignment of construction permit or license or to the transfer of control of a corporate licensee or permittee for an FM or TV translator station, a low power TV station and any associated auxiliary station, such as translator microwave relay stations and UHF translator booster stations, only must be filed on FCC Form 345 “Application for Transfer of Control of Corporate Licensee or Permittee, or Assignment of License or Permit for an FM or TV translator Station, or a Low Power TV Station.”
(f) The following assignment or transfer applications may be filed on FCC “Short form” 316:
(1) Assignment from an individual or individuals (including partnerships) to a corporation owned and controlled by such individuals or partnerships without any substantial change in their relative interests;
(2) Assignment from a corporation to its individual stockholders without effecting any substantial change in the disposition of their interests;
(3) Assignment or transfer by which certain stockholders retire and the interest transferred is not a controlling one;
(4) Corporate reorganization which involves no substantial change in the beneficial ownership of the corporation;
(5) Assignment or transfer from a corporation to a wholly owned subsidiary thereof or vice versa, or where there is an assignment from a corporation to a corporation owned or controlled by the assignor stockholders without substantial change in their interests; or
(6) Assignment of less than a controlling interest in a partnership.