47 CFR 73.3588 - Dismissal of petitions to deny or withdrawal of informal objections.
(a) Whenever a petition to deny or an informal objection has been filed against any application, and the filing party seeks to dismiss or withdraw the petition to deny or the informal objection, either unilaterally or in exchange for financial consideration, that party must file with the Commission a request for approval of the dismissal or withdrawal, a copy of any written agreement related to the dismissal or withdrawal, and an affidavit setting forth:
(1) A certification that neither the petitioner nor its principals has received or will receive any money or other consideration in excess of legitimate and prudent expenses in exchange for the dismissal or withdrawal of the petition to deny;
(2) The exact nature and amount of any consideration received or promised;
(3) An itemized accounting of the expenses for which it seeks reimbursement; and
(4) The terms of any oral agreement related to the dismissal or withdrawal of the petition to deny.
(5) A certification that neither the applicant nor its principals had paid or will pay money or other consideration in excess of the legitimate and prudent expenses of the petitioner in exchange for dismissing or withdrawing the petition to deny; and
(6) The terms of any oral agreement relating to the dismissal or withdrawal of the petition to deny.
(b) Citizens' agreements. For purposes of this section, citizens agreements include agreements arising whenever a petition to deny or informal objection has been filed against any application and the filing party seeks to dismiss or withdraw the petition or objection in exchange for nonfinancial consideration (e.g., programming, ascertainment or employment initiatives). The parties to such an agreement must file with the Commission a joint request for approval of the agreement, a copy of any written agreement, and an affidavit executed by each party setting forth:
(1) Certification that neither the petitioner, nor any person or organization related to the petitioner, has received or will receive any money or other consideration in connection with the citizens' agreement other than legitimate and prudent expenses incurred in prosecuting the petition to deny;
(2) Certification that neither the petitioner, nor any person or organization related to petitioner is or will be involved in carrying out, for a fee, any programming, ascertainment, employment or other non-financial initiative referred to in the citizens' agreement; and
(3) The terms of any oral agreement.
(c) For the purposes of this section:
(1) Affidavits filed pursuant to this section shall be executed by the applicant, permittee or licensee, if an individual; a partner having personal knowledge of the facts, if a partnership; or an officer having personal knowledge of the facts, if a corporation or association.
(2) A petition shall be deemed to be pending before the Commission from the time a petition is filed with the Commission until an order of the Commission granting or denying the petition is no longer subject to reconsideration by the Commission or to review by any court.
(3) “Legitimate and prudent expenses” are those expenses reasonably incurred by a petitioner in preparing, filing, and prosecuting its petition for which reimbursement is being sought.
(4) “Other consideration” consists of financial concessions, including but not limited to the transfer of assets or the provision of tangible pecuniary benefit, as well as non-financial concessions that confer any type of benefit on the recipient.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 73 after this date.