47 CFR 73.731 - Licensing requirements.
(a) A license for an international broadcasting station will be issued only after a satisfactory showing has been made in regard to the following, among others:
(1) That there is a need for the international broadcasting service proposed to be rendered.
(2) That the necessary program sources are available to the applicant to render the international service proposed.
(3) That the production of the program service and the technical operation of the proposed station will be conducted by qualified persons.
(4) That the applicant is legally, technically and financially qualified and possesses adequate technical facilities to carry forward the service proposed.
(5) That the public interest, convenience and necessity will be served through the operation of the proposed station.