47 CFR 73.871 - Amendment of LPFM broadcast station applications.
(a) New and major change applications may be amended without limitation during the pertinent filing window.
(b) Amendments that would improve the comparative position of new and major change applications will not be accepted after the close of the pertinent filing window.
(c) Only minor amendments to new and major change applications will be accepted after the close of the pertinent filing window. Subject to the provisions of this section, such amendments may be filed as a matter of right by the date specified in the FCC's Public Notice announcing the acceptance of such applications. For the purposes of this section, minor amendments are limited to:
(1) Filings subject to paragraph (c)(5) of this section, site relocations of 5.6 kilometers or less for LPFM stations;
(2) Filings subject to paragraph (c)(5), site relocations of 5.6 kilometers or less for LP100 stations;
(3) Changes in ownership where the original party or parties to an application retain more than a 50 percent ownership interest in the application as originally filed;
(4) Universal voluntary time-sharing agreements to apportion vacant time among the licensees;
(5) Other changes in general and/or legal information;
(6) Filings proposing transmitter site relocation to a common location submitted by applications that are parties to a voluntary time-sharing agreement with regard to their stations pursuant to § 73.872 (c) and (e); and
(7) Filings proposing transmitter site relocation to a common location or a location very close to another station operating on a third-adjacent channel in order to remediate interference to the other station.
(d) Unauthorized or untimely amendments are subject to return by the FCC's staff without consideration.