(a) A station authorized under this subpart may be operated without a designated person in attendance if the following requirements are met:
(1) If the transmitter site cannot be reached promptly at all hours and in all seasons, means shall be provided so that the transmitting apparatus can be turned on and off at will from a point which is readily accessible at all hours and in all seasons.
(2) The transmitter shall also be equipped with suitable automatic circuits which will place it in a nonradiating condition in the absence of a signal on the input channel.
(3) The on-and-off control (if at a location other than the transmitter site) and the transmitting apparatus, shall be adequately protected against tampering by unauthorized persons.
(4) The FCC in Washington, DC, Attention: Audio Division, Media Bureau, shall be supplied by letter with the name, address, and telephone number of a person or persons who may be contacted to secure suspension of operation of the translator promptly should such action be deemed necessary by the Commission. Such information shall be kept current by the licensee.
(5) Where the antenna and supporting structure are required to be painted and lighted under the provisions of Part 17 of this chapter, the licensee shall make suitable arrangements for the daily inspection and logging of the obstruction lighting and associated control equipment as required by §§ 17.47, 17.48, and 17.49 of this chapter.
(b) An application for authority to construct a new station pursuant to this subpart or to make changes in the facilities of such a station, which proposes unattended operation shall include an adequate showing as to the manner of compliance with this section.