47 CFR 80.17 - Administrative classes of stations.
(a) Stations in the Maritime Mobile Service are licensed according to class of station as follows:
(1) Public coast stations.
(2) Private coast stations.
(3) Maritime support stations.
(4) Ship stations. The ship station license may include authority to operate other radio station classes aboard ship such as; radionavigation, on-board, satellite, EPIRB, radiotelephone, radiotelegraph and survival craft.
(5) Marine utility stations.
(b) Stations on land in the Maritime Radiodetermination Service are licensed according to class of station as follows:
(1) Shore radiolocation stations.
(2) Shore radionavigation stations.
(c) Fixed stations in the Fixed Service associated with the maritime services are licensed as follows:
(1) Operational fixed stations.
(2) Alaska-public fixed stations.
(3) Alaska-private fixed stations.