47 CFR 80.331 - Bridge-to-bridge communication procedure.
(a) Vessels subject to the Bridge-to-Bridge Act transmitting on the designated navigational frequency must conduct communications in a format similar to those given below:
(1) This is the (name of vessel). My position is (give readily identifiable position, course and speed) about to (describe contemplated action). Out.
(2) Vessel off (give a readily identifiable position). This is (name of vessel) off (give a readily identifiable position). I plan to (give proposed course of action). Over.
(3) (Coast station), this is (vessel's name) off (give readily identifiable position). I plan to (give proposed course of action). Over.
(b) Vessels acknowledging receipt must answer “(Name of vessel calling). This is (Name of vessel answering). Received your call,” and follow with an indication of their intentions. Communications must terminate when each ship is satisfied that the other no longer poses a threat to its safety and is ended with “Out”.
(c) Use of power greater than 1 watt in a bridge-to-bridge station shall be limited to the following three situations:
(2) Failure of the vessel being called to respond to a second call at low power.
(3) A broadcast call as in paragraph (a)(1) of this section in a blind situation, e.g., rounding a bend in a river.