47 CFR 80.401 - Station documents requirement.
Licensees of radio stations are required to have current station documents as indicated in the following table:
1. The expired station license must be retained in the station records until the first Commission inspection after the expiration date.
2. Alternatively, a list of coast stations maintained by the licensee with which communications are likely to be conducted, showing watch-keeping hours, frequencies and charges, is authorized.
3. Required only if station provides a service to ocean-going vessels.
4. Certification of a Great Lakes Agreement inspection may be made by either a log entry or issuance of a Great Lakes Agreement certificate. Radiotelephone logs containing entries certifying that a Great Lakes Agreement inspection has been conducted must be retained and be available for inspection by the FCC for 2 years after the date of the inspection.
5. The requirements for having the GMDSS Master Plan, NGA Publication 117, Admiralty List of Radio Signals or IMO Circ. 7 are satisfied by having any one of those four documents.