48 CFR § 19.705-5 - Awards involving subcontracting plans.
(a) In making an award that requires a subcontracting plan, the contracting officer shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Consider the contractor's compliance with the subcontracting plans submitted on previous contracts as a factor in determining contractor responsibility.
(2) Assure that a subcontracting plan was submitted when required.
(3) Notify the SBA procurement center representative (or, if a procurement center representative is not assigned, see 19.402(a)) of the opportunity to review the proposed contract (including the plan and supporting documentation). The notice shall be issued in sufficient time to provide the representative a reasonable time to review the material and submit advisory recommendations to the contracting officer. Failure of the representative to respond in a reasonable period of time shall not delay contract award.
(4) Determine any fee that may be payable if an incentive is used in conjunction with the subcontracting plan.
(5) Ensure that an acceptable plan is incorporated into and made a material part of the contract.
(b) Letter contracts and similar undefinitized instruments, which would otherwise meet the requirements of 19.702(a)(1) and (2), shall contain at least a preliminary basic plan addressing the requirements of 19.704 and in such cases require the negotiation of the final plan within 90 days after award or before definitization, whichever occurs first.