48 CFR 25.100 - Scope of subpart.
(a) This subpart implements -
(1) 41 U.S.C. chapter 83, Buy American;
(2) Executive Order 10582, December 17, 1954; and
(3) Waiver of the component test of the Buy American statute for acquisition of commercially available off-the-shelf (COTS) items in accordance with 41 U.S.C. 1907.
(b) It applies to supplies acquired for use in the United States, including supplies acquired under contracts set aside for small business concerns, if -
(1) The supply contract exceeds the micro-purchase threshold; or
(2) The supply portion of a contract for services that involves the furnishing of supplies (e.g., lease) exceeds the micro-purchase threshold.