48 CFR § 252.204-7013 - Limitations on the Use or Disclosure of Information by Litigation Support Offerors.
As prescribed in 204.7403(a), use the following provision. If the solicitation is a request for quotations, the terms “quotation” and “Quoter” may be substituted for “offer” and “Offeror”.
(a)Definitions. As used in this provision -
Computer software means computer programs, source code, source code listings, object code listings, design details, algorithms, processes, flow charts, formulae, and related material that would enable the software to be reproduced, recreated, or recompiled. Computer software does not include computer data bases or computer software documentation.
Litigation information means any information, including sensitive information, that is furnished to the contractor by or on behalf of the Government, or that is generated or obtained by the contractor in the performance of litigation support under a contract. The term does not include information that is lawfully, publicly available without restriction, including information contained in a publicly available solicitation.
Litigation support means administrative, technical, or professional services provided in support of the Government during or in anticipation of litigation.
Sensitive information means controlled unclassified information of a commercial, financial, proprietary, or privileged nature. The term includes technical data and computer software, but does not include information that is lawfully, publicly available without restriction.
Technical data means recorded information, regardless of the form or method of the recording, of a scientific or technical nature (including computer software documentation). The term does not include computer software or data incidental to contract administration, such as financial and/or management information.
(b)Limitations on use or disclosure of litigation information. Notwithstanding any other provision of this solicitation, by submission of its offer, the Offeror agrees and acknowledges that -
(2) The Offeror will take all precautions necessary to prevent unauthorized disclosure of litigation information; and
(3) The litigation information shall not be used by the Offeror to compete against a third party for Government or nongovernment contracts; and
(4) Upon completion of the authorized litigation support activities, the Offeror will destroy or return to the Government at the request of the Contracting Officer all litigation information in its possession.
(c)Indemnification and creation of third party beneficiary rights. By submission of its offer, the Offeror agrees -
(1) To indemnify and hold harmless the Government, its agents, and employees from any claim or liability, including attorneys' fees, court costs, and expenses, arising out of, or in any way related to, the misuse or unauthorized modification, reproduction, release, performance, display, or disclosure of any litigation information; and
(2) That any third party holding proprietary rights or any other legally protectable interest in any litigation information, in addition to any other rights it may have, is a third party beneficiary who shall have a right of direct action against the Offeror, and against any person to whom the Offeror has released or disclosed such litigation information, for any such unauthorized use or disclosure of such information.
(d)Offeroremployees. By submission of its offer, the Offeror agrees to ensure that its employees are subject to use and nondisclosure obligations consistent with this provision prior to the employees being provided access to or use of any litigation information covered by this provision.