48 CFR § 3405.270 - Notices to perform market surveys.
(a) If a sole source contract is anticipated, the issuance of a notice of a proposed contract action that is detailed enough to permit the submission of meaningful responses and the subsequent evaluation of the responses by the Federal government constitutes an acceptable market survey.
(b) The notice must include -
(1) A clear statement of the supplies or services to be procured;
(2) Any capabilities or experience required of a contractor and any other factor relevant to those requirements;
(3) A statement that all responsible sources submitting a proposal, bid, or quotation must be considered;
(4) Name, business address, and phone number of the Contracting Officer; and
(5) Justification for a sole source and the identity of that source.