Modular contracting means use of one or more contracts to acquire information technology systems in successive, interoperable increments.
National security system means any telecommunications or information system operated by the United States Government, the function, operation, or use of which—
(1) Involves intelligence activities;
(2) Involves cryptologic activities related to national security;
(3) Involves command and control of military forces;
(4) Involves equipment that is an integral part of a weapon or weapons system; or
(5) Is critical to the direct fulfillment of military or intelligence missions. This does not include a system that is to be used for routine administrative and business applications, such as payroll, finance, logistics, and personnel management applications.
Year 2000 compliant with respect to information technology, means that the information technology accurately processes date/time data (including, but not limited to, calculating, comparing, and sequencing) from, into, and between the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, and the years 1999 and 2000 and leap year calculations, to the extent that other information technology, used in combination with the information technology being acquired, properly exchanges date/time data with it.