48 CFR § 44.204 - Contract clauses.
(1) The contracting officer shall insert the clause at 52.244-2, Subcontracts, in solicitations and contracts when contemplating -
(i) A cost-reimbursement contract;
(ii) A letter contract that exceeds the simplified acquisition threshold;
(iii) A fixed-price contract that exceeds the simplified acquisition threshold under which unpriced contract actions (including unpriced modifications or unpriced delivery orders) are anticipated;
(iv) A time-and-materials contract that exceeds the simplified acquisition threshold; or
(v) A labor-hour contract that exceeds the simplified acquisition threshold.
(2) If a cost-reimbursement contract is contemplated, for civilian agencies other than the Coast Guard and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the contracting officer shall use the clause with its Alternate I.
(3) Use of this clause is not required in -
(i) Fixed-price architect-engineer contracts; or
(ii) Contracts for mortuary services, refuse services, or shipment and storage of personal property, when an agency-prescribed clause on approval of subcontractors' facilities is required.
(c) The contracting officer shall, when contracting by negotiation, insert the clause at 52.244-5, Competition in Subcontracting, in solicitations and contracts when the contract amount is expected to exceed the simplified acquisition threshold, unless -
(1) A firm-fixed-price contract, awarded on the basis of adequate price competition or whose prices are set by law or regulation, is contemplated; or
(2) A time-and-materials, labor-hour, or architect-engineer contract is contemplated.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.