48 CFR 45.606 - Contractor scrap procedures.
(a) The property administrator should, in coordination with the plant clearance officer, ensure that contractor scrap disposal processes, methods, and practices allow for effective, efficient, and proper disposition and are properly documented in the contractor's property management procedures.
(b) The property administrator should determine the extent to which separate disposal processing or physical segregation for different scrap types is or may be required. Such scrap may require physical segregation, unique disposal processing, or separate plant clearance reporting. For example, the scope of work may create scrap -
(1) Consisting of sensitive items;
(2) Containing hazardous materials or wastes;
(3) Contaminated with hazardous materials or wastes;
(4) That is classified or otherwise controlled;
(5) Containing precious or strategic metals; or
(6) That is dangerous to public health or safety.
(c) Absent contract terms and conditions to the contrary, the Government may abandon parts removed and replaced from property as a result of normal maintenance actions or removed from property as a result of the repair, maintenance, overhaul, or modification process.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 48 CFR Part 45.