48 CFR 5.301 - General.
prev | next
(a) Except for contract actions described in paragraph (b) of this section and as provided in 5.003, contracting officers must synopsize through the GPE the following:
(i) Covered by the World Trade Organization Government Procurement Agreement or a Free Trade Agreement (seesubpart 25.4); or
(ii) Likely to result in the award of any subcontracts. However, the dollar threshold is not a prohibition against publicizing an award of a smaller amount when publicizing would be advantageous to industry or to the Government.
(i) Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) orders or Blanket Purchase Agreements supported by a limited-source justification (excluding brand name) in accordance with 8.405-6; or
(ii) Task or delivery orders awarded without providing fair opportunity in accordance with 16.505(b)(2).
(3) A notice is not required under this section if the notice would disclose the executive agency's needs and the disclosure of such needs would compromise the national security.
(1) The award results from acceptance of an unsolicited research proposal that demonstrates a unique and innovative research concept and publication of any notice would disclose the originality of thought or innovativeness of the proposed research or would disclose proprietary information associated with the proposal;
(2) The award results from a proposal submitted under the Small Business Innovation Development Act of 1982 (Pub. L. 97-219);
(3) The contract action is an order placed under subpart 16.5 or 8.4, except see paragraph (a)(2) of this section;
(5) The award is for utility services, other than telecommunications services, and only one source is available;
(ii) Was made through a means where access to the notice of proposed contract action was provided through the GPE; and
(7) The award is for the services of an expert to support the Federal Government in any current or anticipated litigation or dispute pursuant to the exception to full and open competition authorized at 6.302-3.
(c) With respect to acquisitions covered by the World Trade Organization Government Procurement Agreement or a Free Trade Agreement, contracting officers must submit synopses in sufficient time to permit their publication in the GPE not later than 60 days after award.
(2) FSS orders or Blanket Purchase Agreements with an estimated value greater than the simplified acquisition threshold and supported by a limited-sources justification (see 8.405-6(a)); or
(3) Task or delivery orders greater than the simplified acquisition threshold and awarded without providing for fair opportunity in accordance with 16.505(b)(2)(ii)(B) and (D).
[76 FR 14551, Mar. 16, 2011]
Title 48 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.