48 CFR § 52.204-16 - Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting.
As prescribed in 4.1804(a), use the following provision:
(a)Definition. As used in this provision -
Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code means -
(1) An identifier assigned to entities located in the United States or its outlying areas by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Branch to identify a commercial or government entity; or
(2) An identifier assigned by a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) or by the NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) to entities located outside the United States and its outlying areas that the DLA Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Branch records and maintains in the CAGE master file. This type of code is known as a NATO CAGE (NCAGE) code.
(b) The Offeror shall enter its CAGE code in its offer with its name and address or otherwise include it prominently in its proposal. The CAGE code entered must be for that name and address. Enter “CAGE” before the number. The CAGE code is required prior to award.
(c)CAGE codes may be obtained via -
(1) Registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) at www.sam.gov. If the Offeror is located in the United States or its outlying areas and does not already have a CAGE code assigned, the DLA Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Branch will assign a CAGE code as a part of the SAM registration process. SAM registrants located outside the United States and its outlying areas shall obtain a NCAGE code prior to registration in SAM (see paragraph (c)(3) of this provision).
(2) The DLA Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Branch. If registration in SAM is not required for the subject procurement, and the offeror does not otherwise register in SAM, an offeror located in the United States or its outlying areas may request that a CAGE code be assigned by submitting a request at https://cage.dla.mil.
(3) The appropriate country codification bureau. Entities located outside the United States and its outlying areas may obtain an NCAGE code by contacting the Codification Bureau in the foreign entity's country if that country is a member of NATO or a sponsored nation. NCAGE codes may be obtained from the NSPA at https://eportal.nspa.nato.int/AC135Public/scage/CageList.aspx if the foreign entity's country is not a member of NATO or a sponsored nation. Points of contact for codification bureaus, as well as additional information on obtaining NCAGE codes, are available at http://www.nato.int/structur/AC/135/main/links/contacts.htm.
(d) Additional guidance for establishing and maintaining CAGE codes is available at https://cage.dla.mil.
(e) When a CAGE Code is required for the immediate owner and/or the highest-level owner by 52.204-17 or 52.212-3(p), the Offeror shall obtain the respective CAGE Code from that entity to supply the CAGE Code to the Government.
(f) Do not delay submission of the offer pending receipt of a CAGE code.