48 CFR § 52.216-6 - Price Redetermination - Retroactive.
As prescribed in 16.206-4, insert the following clause:
(a)General. The unit price and the total price stated in this contract shall be redetermined in accordance with this clause, but in no event shall the total amount paid under this contract exceed __ [insert dollar amount of ceiling price].
(b)Definition. Costs, as used in this clause, means allowable costs in accordance with part 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) in effect on the date of this contract.
(1) Within __ [Contracting Officer insert number of days] days after delivery of all supplies to be delivered and completion of all services to be performed under this contract, the Contractor shall submit -
(i) Proposed prices;
(ii) A statement in the format of table 15-2, FAR 15.408, or in any other form on which the parties may agree, of all costs incurred in performing the contract; and
(iii) Any other relevant data that the Contracting Officer may reasonably require.
(2) If the Contractor fails to submit the data required by subparagraph (1) above within the time specified, the Contracting Officer may suspend payments under this contract until the data are furnished. If it is later determined that the Government has overpaid the Contractor, the excess shall be repaid to the Government immediately. Unless repaid within 30 days after the end of the data submittal period, the amount of the excess shall bear interest, computed from the date the data were due to the date of repayment, at the rate established in accordance with the Interest clause.
(d)Price determination. Upon the Contracting Officer's receipt of the data required by paragraph (c) above, the Contracting Officer and the Contractor shall promptly negotiate to redetermine fair and reasonable prices for supplies delivered and services performed by the Contractor under this contract.
(e)Contract modification. The negotiated redetermination of price shall be evidenced by a modification to this contract, signed by the Contractor and the Contracting Officer.
(f)Adjusting billing prices. Pending execution of the contract modification (see paragraph (e) above), the Contractor shall submit invoices or vouchers in accordance with billing prices stated in this contract. If at any time it appears that the then-current billing prices will be substantially greater than the estimated final prices, or if the Contractor submits data showing that the redetermined prices will be substantially greater than the current billing prices, the parties shall negotiate an appropriate decrease or increase in billing prices. Any billing price adjustment shall be reflected in a contract modification and shall not affect the redetermination of prices under this clause. After the contract modification for price redetermination is executed, the total amount paid or to be paid on all invoices or vouchers shall be adjusted to reflect the agreed-upon prices, and any resulting additional payments, refunds, or credits shall be made promptly.
(g)Quarterly limitation on payments statement. This paragraph (g) shall apply until final price redetermination under this contract has been completed.
(1) Within 45 days after the end of the quarter of the Contractor's fiscal year in which a delivery is first made (or services are first performed) and accepted by the Government under this contract, and for each quarter thereafter, the Contractor shall submit to the contract administration office (with a copy to the contracting office and the cognizant contract auditor), a statement, cumulative from the beginning of the contract, showing -
(i) The total contract price of all supplies delivered (or services performed) and accepted by the Government and for which final prices have been established;
(ii) The total costs (estimated to the extent necessary) reasonably incurred for, and properly allocable solely to, the supplies delivered (or services performed) and accepted by the Government and for which final prices have not been established;
(iii) The portion of the total interim profit (used in establishing the initial contract price or agreed to for the purpose of this paragraph (g)) that is in direct proportion to the supplies delivered (or services performed) and accepted by the Government and for which final prices have not been established; and
(iv) The total amount of all invoices or vouchers for supplies delivered (or services performed) and accepted by the Government (including amounts applied or to be applied to liquidate progress payments).
(2) Notwithstanding any provision of this contract authorizing greater payments, if on any quarterly statement the amount under subdivision (1)(iv) above exceeds the sum due the Contractor, as computed in accordance with subdivisions (i), (ii), and (iii) above, the Contractor shall immediately refund or credit to the Government the amount of this excess. The Contractor may, when appropriate, reduce this refund or credit by the amount of any applicable tax credits due the contractor under 26 U.S.C. 1481 and by the amount of previous refunds or credits effected under this clause. If any portion of the excess has been applied to the liquidation of progress payments, then that portion may, instead of being refunded, be added to the unliquidated progress payment account, consistent with the Progress Payments clause. The Contractor shall provide complete details to support any claimed reduction in refunds.
(3) If the Contractor fails to submit the quarterly statement within 45 days after the end of each quarter and it is later determined that the Government has overpaid the Contractor, the Contractor shall repay the excess to the Government immediately. Unless repaid within 30 days after the end of the statement submittal period, the amount of the excess shall bear interest, computed from the date the quarterly statement was due to the date of repayment, at the rate established in accordance with the Interest clause.
(i)Disagreements. If the Contractor and the Contracting Officer fail to agree upon redetermined prices within 60 days (or within such other period as the parties agree) after the date on which the data required by paragraph (c) above are to be submitted, the Contracting Officer shall promptly issue a decision in accordance with the Disputes clause. For the purpose of paragraphs (e), (f), and (g) above, and pending final settlement of the disagreement on appeal, by failure to appeal, or by agreement, this decision shall be treated as an executed contract modification.
(j)Termination. If this contract is terminated before price redetermination, prices shall be established in accordance with this clause for completed supplies and services not terminated. All other elements of the termination shall be resolved in accordance with other applicable clauses of this contract.