48 CFR 7.302 - Policy.
(a) The Circular provides that it is the policy of the Government to -
(1) Perform inherently governmental activities with Government personnel; and
(2) Subject commercial activities to the forces of competition.
(b) As provided in the Circular, agencies shall -
(1) Not use contractors to perform inherently governmental activities;
(2) Conduct public-private competitions in accordance with the provisions of the Circular and, as applicable, these regulations;
(3) Give appropriate consideration relative to cost when making performance decisions between agency and contractor performance in public-private competitions;
(5) Hear contests in accordance with OMB Circular A-76, Attachment B, Paragraph F.
(c) When using sealed bidding in public-private competitions under OMB Circular A-76, contracting officers shall not hold discussions to correct deficiencies.