48 CFR § 819.7008 - Sole source awards to veteran-owned small business concerns.
(a) A contracting officer may award contracts to VOSB concerns on a sole source basis provided:
(1) The anticipated award price of the contract (including options) will not exceed $5 million;
(2) The requirement is synopsized in accordance with FAR part 5;
(3) The VOSB concern has been determined to be a responsible contractor with respect to performance;
(4) Award can be made at a fair and reasonable price; and
(5) No responsible SDVOSB concern has been identified.
(b) The contracting officer's determination whether to make a sole source award is a business decision wholly within the discretion of the contracting officer. A determination that only one VOSB concern is available to meet the requirement is not required.
(c) When conducting a VOSB sole source acquisition, the contracting officer shall ensure businesses are registered and verified as eligible in the VIP database prior to making an award.