48 CFR § 846.408-70 - Inspection of subsistence.
(a) The contracting officer shall indicate the time and place of inspection in the solicitation.
(b) The contracting officer shall also provide in the solicitation that the contractor is responsible for all of the following:
(1) Arranging and paying for inspection services.
(2) Obtaining from the inspectors a certificate indicating that the product complies with specifications.
(3) Assuring that the certificate, or copy, accompanies the shipment.
(4) Furnishing samples for inspection at the contractor's expense.
(5) Indicating the address where inspection will occur.
(c) The contracting officer must furnish a copy of the purchase document to the inspecting activity.