48 CFR 9.404 - System for Award Management Exclusions.
(a) The General Services Administration (GSA) -
(1) Operates the web-based System for Award Management (SAM) Exclusions; and
(2) Provides technical assistance to Federal agencies in the use of SAM.
(b) The SAM Exclusions contains the -
(1) Names and addresses of all contractors debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or excluded or disqualified under the nonprocurement common rule, with cross-references when more than one name is involved in a single action;
(2) Name of the agency or other authority taking the action;
(3) Cause for the action (see 9.406-2 and 9.407-2 for causes authorized under this subpart) or other statutory or regulatory authority;
(4) Effect of the action;
(5) Termination date for each listing;
(6) Data Universal Numbering System number;
(7) Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or other Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), if available; and
(8) Name and telephone number of the agency point of contact for the action.
(c) Each agency must -
(1) Obtain password(s) from GSA to access SAM for data entry;
(2) Notify GSA in the event a password needs to be rescinded (e.g., when an agency employee leaves or changes function);
(3) Enter the information required by paragraph (b) of this section within 3 working days after the action becomes effective;
(4) Determine whether it is legally permitted to enter the SSN, EIN, or other TIN, under agency authority to suspend or debar;
(5) Update SAM Exclusions, generally within 5 working days after modifying or rescinding an action;
(6) In accordance with internal retention procedures, maintain records relating to each debarment, suspension, or proposed debarment taken by the agency;
(7) Establish procedures to ensure that the agency does not solicit offers from, award contracts to, or consent to subcontracts with contractors whose names are in SAM Exclusions, except as otherwise provided in this subpart;
(8) Direct inquiries concerning listed contractors to the agency or other authority that took the action; and
(9) Contact GSA for technical assistance with SAM, via the support email address or on the technical support phone line available at the SAM Web site provided in paragraph (d) of this section.
(d) SAM is available via https://www.acquisition.gov.
Title 48 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 9 after this date.