48 CFR 9.404 - System for Award Management Exclusions.
(a) The General Services Administration (GSA) -
(1) Operates the web-based System for Award Management (SAM) Exclusions; and
(2) Provides technical assistance to Federal agencies in the use of SAM.
(b) The SAM Exclusions contains the -
(1) Names and addresses of all contractors debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or excluded or disqualified under the nonprocurement common rule, with cross-references when more than one name is involved in a single action;
(2) Name of the agency or other authority taking the action;
(4) Effect of the action;
(5) Termination date for each listing;
(6) Unique Entity Identifier;
(7) Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or other Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), if available; and
(8) Name and telephone number of the agency point of contact for the action.
(c) Each agency must -
(1) Obtain password(s) from GSA to access SAM for data entry;
(2) Notify GSA in the event a password needs to be rescinded (e.g., when an agency employee leaves or changes function);
(3) Enter the information required by paragraph (b) of this section within 3 working days after the action becomes effective;
(4) Determine whether it is legally permitted to enter the SSN, EIN, or other TIN, under agency authority to suspend or debar;
(5) Update SAM Exclusions, generally within 5 working days after modifying or rescinding an action;
(6) In accordance with internal retention procedures, maintain records relating to each debarment, suspension, or proposed debarment taken by the agency;
(7) Establish procedures to ensure that the agency does not solicit offers from, award contracts to, or consent to subcontracts with contractors whose names are in SAM Exclusions, except as otherwise provided in this subpart;
(9) Contact GSA for technical assistance with SAM, via the support email address or on the technical support phone line available at the SAM Web site provided in paragraph (d) of this section.
(d) SAM is available via https://www.acquisition.gov.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 9 after this date.
- 48 CFR 309.404 — System for Award Management (SAM) Exclusions.
- 48 CFR 209.470-3 — Procedures.
- 48 CFR 609.404 — System for Award Management Exclusions.
- 48 CFR 1909.404 — Consolidated List of Debarred, Suspended, and Ineligible Contractors.
- 48 CFR 44.303 — Extent of Review.
- 48 CFR 1409.404 — Excluded Parties List System (EPLS).
- 48 CFR 9.405-2 — Restrictions on Subcontracting.
- 48 CFR 52.209-6 — Protecting the Government's Interest When Subcontracting With Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment.
- 48 CFR 2909.402 — Policy.
- 48 CFR 22.1025 — Ineligibility of Violators.
- 48 CFR 28.203-7 — Exclusion of Individual Sureties.
- 48 CFR 809.404 — Excluded Parties List System.
- 48 CFR 9.400 — Scope of Subpart.
- 48 CFR 2809.404 — List of Parties Excluded From Federal Procurement and Nonprocurement Programs.
- 48 CFR 2009.404 — Consolidated List of Parties Excluded From Federal Procurement or Non-Procurement Programs.