49 CFR 10.21 - General.
(a) Maintains in its records only such information about an individual as is relevant and necessary to accomplish a purpose of the Department required to be accomplished by statute or by executive order of the President;
(b) Collects information to the greatest extent practicable directly from the subject individual when the information may result in adverse determinations about an individual's rights, benefits, or privileges under Federal programs;
(1) The authority (whether granted by statute, or by executive order of the President) which authorizes the solicitation of the information and whether disclosure of such information is mandatory or voluntary;
(2) The principal purpose or purposes for which the information is intended to be used;
(4) The effects, if any, on the individual of not providing all or any part of the requested information;
(d) Publishes in the Federal Register at least annually a notice of the existence and character of the system of records, including:
(1) The name and location of the system;
(3) The categories of records maintained in the system;
(5) The policies and practices regarding storage, retrievability, access controls, retention, and disposal of the records;
(6) The title and business address of the official responsible for the system of records;
(8) The procedures whereby an individual can be notified upon request how to gain access to any record pertaining to that individual contained in the system of records, and how to contest its content; and
(9) The categories of sources of records in the system;
(e) Maintains all records which are used in making any determination about any individual with such accuracy, relevancy, timeliness, and completeness as is reasonably necessary to assure fairness to the individual in the determination;
(f) Prior to disseminating any record about an individual to any person other than an agency, unless the dissemination is made pursuant to § 10.35(a)(2), makes reasonable efforts to assure that such records are accurate, complete, timely, and relevant for the Department's purposes;
(1) Expressly authorized by the General Counsel; and
(h) Makes reasonable efforts to serve notice on an individual when any record on such individual is made available to any person under compulsory legal process when such process becomes a matter of public record.
Title 49 published on 09-May-2017 04:41
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 10 after this date.