49 CFR 1017.9 - Coordinating offset with another Federal agency.
(1) Arrange for a hearing upon proper petitioning by the employee;
(2) Certify in writing to the other Federal agency that the employee owes the debt, the amount and basis of the debt, the date on which payment is due, the date the Government's right to collect the debt accrued, that the Board's regulations for administrative offset have been approved by the Office of Personnel Management, and that the provisions of 4 CFR 102.3(f) have been fully complied with;
(5) If the employee is in the process of separating, the Board must submit its debt claim to the paying agency as provided in this part. The paying agency must certify any amounts already collected, notify the employee, and send a copy of the certification and notice of the employee's separation to the creditor agency - if the paying agency is aware that the employee is entitled to money from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund, it must certify to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) that:
(ii) The Board has complied with the applicable statutes, regulations, and procedures of OPM; and
(iii) The Board has complied with the requirements of 4 CFR 102.3, including any hearing or review; and
(6) If the employee has already separated and all payments due from the paying agency have been paid, the Chief, Section of Financial Services, may request from OPM, unless otherwise prohibited, that money payable to the employee from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund or other similar funds be collected by administrative offset and provide the certification described in paragraph (a)(5) of this section.
(b) The Board as paying agency.
(1) Upon receipt of a properly certified debt claim from another agency, deductions will be scheduled to begin at the next established pay interval. The employee must receive written notice that the Board has received a certified debt claim from the creditor agency, the amount of the debt, the date administrative offset will begin, and the amount of the deduction(s). The Board shall not review the merits of the creditor agency's determination of the validity or the amount of the certified claim.
(2) When the Board receives an incomplete debt from another (creditor) agency, the Board must return the debt claim with a notice that procedures under 5 U.S.C. 5514 and 5 5 CFR 550.1109 must be followed and a properly certified debt claim received before action will be taken to collect from the employee's current pay account.
(3) If the employee transfers to another agency after the creditor agency has submitted its debt claim to the Board and before the debt is fully collected, the Board must certify the total amount collected to the creditor agency, along with notice of the transfer, and furnish a copy of same to the employee.