49 CFR § 130.100 - Applicability of comprehensive oil spill response plans.
(a) Railroads must have current, written comprehensive oil spill response plans (COSRPs) meeting the requirements of this subpart for any route or route segments used to transport either of the following:
(2) A single train carrying 20 or more loaded tank cars of liquid petroleum oil in a continuous block or a single train carrying 35 or more loaded tank cars of liquid petroleum oil throughout the train consist.
(i) Tank cars carrying liquid petroleum oil products not meeting the criteria for Class 3 flammable or combustible material in § 173.120 of this chapter, or containing residue as defined in § 171.8 of this chapter, are not required to be included when determining the number of tank cars transporting liquid petroleum oil in paragraph (a)(2) of this section.
(2) The railroad is operating in compliance with the response plan.
(1) The railroad submitted a plan in accordance with the requirements of § 130.150(a) within the previous two years;
(2) The submitted plan includes the certification in § 130.130;
(3) The railroad is operating in compliance with the submitted plan; and
(4) PHMSA has not issued a final decision that all or part of the plan does not meet the requirements of this subpart.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.