49 CFR 1580.203 - Reporting significant security concerns.
(a)Applicability. This section applies to:
(1) Each passenger railroad carrier, including each carrier operating light rail or heavy rail transit service on track that is part of the general railroad system of transportation, each carrier operating or providing intercity passenger train service or commuter or other short-haul railroad passenger service in a metropolitan or suburban area (as described by 49 U.S.C. 20102), and each public authority operating passenger train service.
(5) Each operator of a rail transit system that is not operating on track that is part of the general railroad system of transportation, including heavy rail transit, light rail transit, automated guideway, cable car, inclined plane, funicular, and monorail systems.
(c) Potential threats or significant security concerns encompass incidents, suspicious activities, and threat information including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Interference with the train or transit vehicle crew.
(2) Bomb threats, specific and non-specific.
(3) Reports or discovery of suspicious items that result in the disruption of rail operations.
(6) Discharge, discovery, or seizure of a firearm or other deadly weapon on a train or transit vehicle or in a station, terminal, facility, or storage yard, or other location used in the operation of the passenger railroad carrier or rail transit system.
(7) Indications of tampering with passenger rail cars or rail transit vehicles.
(8) Information relating to the possible surveillance of a passenger train or rail transit vehicle or facility, storage yard, or other location used in the operation of the passenger railroad carrier or rail transit system.
(d) Information reported should include, as available and applicable:
(2) The affected station, terminal, or other facility.
(6) Description of the threat, incident, or activity.
(7) The names and other available biographical data of individuals involved in the threat, incident, or activity.
(8) The source of any threat information.