49 CFR 17.10 - How does the Secretary make efforts to accommodate intergovernmental concerns?
(1) Accepts the recommendation;
(2) Reaches a mutually agreeable solution with the state process; or
(3) Provides the single point of contact with a written explanation of the decision, in such form as the Secretary in his or her discretion deems appropriate. The Secretary may also supplement the written explanation by providing the explanation to the single point of contact by telephone, other telecommunication, or other means.
(1) The Department will not implement its decision for at least ten days after the single point of contact receives the explanation; or
(2) The Secretary has reviewed the decision and determined that, because of unusual circumstances, the waiting period of at least ten days is not feasible.
(c) For purposes of computing the waiting period under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, a single point of contact is presumed to have received written notification 5 days after the date of mailing of such notification.