49 CFR 176.89 - Control of transport vehicles.
(2) The vehicle shall be placed at the location indicated by the vessel's representative;
(3) The parking brakes of the vehicle shall be set securely to prevent movement;
(4) The motor of a highway vehicle shall be shut off and not restarted until the vessel has completed its voyage and docked;
(5) All vehicle lights shall be cut off and not relighted until the vessel has completed its voyage and docked;
(6) The operator of a highway vehicle shall remain with the vehicle;
(8) No hazardous materials are to be released from the vehicle; and
(9) Any instructions given by the vessel's representative during the voyage, and during “roll on” and “roll off” operations must be observed.
(b) Smoking by any person in or around a vehicle is prohibited.