49 CFR 179.2 - Definitions and abbreviations.
(a) The following apply in part 179:
(1) AAR means Association of American Railroads.
(2) Approved means approval by the AAR Tank Car Committee.
(3) ASTM means American Society for Testing and Materials.
(5) Definitions in part 173 of this chapter also apply.
(6) F means degrees Fahrenheit.
(7) NGT means National Gas Taper Threads.
(8) NPT means an American Standard Taper Pipe Thread conforming to the requirements of NBS Handbook H-28 (IBR, see § 171.7 of this subchapter).
(10) Tank car facility means an entity that manufactures, repairs, inspects, tests, qualifies, or maintains a tank car to ensure that the tank car conforms to this part and subpart F of part 180 of this subchapter, that alters the certificate of construction of the tank car, that ensures the continuing qualification of a tank car by performing a function prescribed in parts 179 or 180 of this subchapter, or that makes any representation indicating compliance with one or more of the requirements of parts 179 or 180 of this subchapter.
(11) Tanks means tank car tanks.
Title 49 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 179 after this date.