49 CFR § 179.2 - Definitions and abbreviations.
(a) The following apply in part 179:
(1) AAR means Association of American Railroads.
(3) ASTM means American Society for Testing and Materials.
(6) F means degrees Fahrenheit.
(7) NGT means National Gas Taper Threads.
(8) NPT means an American Standard Taper Pipe Thread conforming to the requirements of NBS Handbook H-28 (IBR, see § 171.7 of this subchapter).
(10) Tank car facility means an entity that manufactures, repairs, inspects, tests, qualifies, or maintains a tank car to ensure that the tank car conforms to this part and subpart F of part 180 of this subchapter, that alters the certificate of construction of the tank car, that ensures the continuing qualification of a tank car by performing a function prescribed in parts 179 or 180 of this subchapter, or that makes any representation indicating compliance with one or more of the requirements of parts 179 or 180 of this subchapter.
(11) Tanks means tank car tanks.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.