49 CFR § 236.1035 - Field testing requirements.
(a) Before any field testing of an uncertified PTC system, or a product of an uncertified PTC system, or any regression testing of a certified PTC system is conducted on the general rail system, the railroad requesting the testing must provide:
(1) A complete description of the PTC system;
(2) An operational concepts document;
(3) A complete description of the specific test procedures, including the measures that will be taken to protect trains and on-track equipment;
(4) An analysis of the applicability of the requirements of subparts A through G of this part to the PTC system that will not apply during testing;
(5) The date the proposed testing shall begin;
(6) The test locations; and
(7) The effect on the current method of operation the PTC system will or may have under test.
(b) FRA may impose additional testing conditions that it believes may be necessary for the safety of train operations.
(c) Relief from regulations other than from subparts A through G of this part that the railroad believes are necessary to support the field testing, must be requested in accordance with part 211 of this title.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.