49 CFR 37.105 - Equivalent service standard.
For purposes of §§ 37.101 and 37.103 of this part, a fixed route system or demand responsive system, when viewed in its entirety, shall be deemed to provide equivalent service if the service available to individuals with disabilities, including individuals who use wheelchairs, is provided in the most integrated setting appropriate to the needs of the individual and is equivalent to the service provided other individuals with respect to the following service characteristics:
(a) (1) Schedules/headways (if the system is fixed route);
(2) Response time (if the system is demand responsive);
(c) Geographic area of service;
(d) Hours and days of service;
(e) Availability of information;
(f) Reservations capability (if the system is demand responsive);
(g) Any constraints on capacity or service availability;
(h) Restrictions priorities based on trip purpose (if the system is demand responsive).
- 49 CFR 37.183 — Purchase or Lease of New OTRBs by Operators of Fixed-Route Systems.
- 49 CFR 37.27 — Transportation for Elementary and Secondary Education Systems.
- 49 CFR 37.101 — Purchase or Lease of Vehicles by Private Entities Not Primarily Engaged in the Business of Transporting People.
- 49 CFR 37.171 — Equivalency Requirement for Demand Responsive Service Operated by Private Entities Not Primarily Engaged in the Business of Transporting People.
- 49 CFR 37.29 — Private Entities Providing Taxi Service.
- 49 CFR 37.103 — Purchase or Lease of New Non-Rail Vehicles by Private Entities Primarily Engaged in the Business of Transporting People.