49 CFR 386.43 - Production of documents and other evidence; entry upon land for inspection and other purposes; and physical and mental examination.
(1) Produce and permit the party making the request, or a person acting on his or her behalf, to inspect and copy any designated documents, or to inspect and copy, test, or sample any tangible things which are in the possession, custody, or control of the party upon whom the request is served; or
(2) Permit entry upon designated land or other property in the possession or control of the party upon whom the request is served for the purpose of inspection and measuring, photographing, testing, or for other purposes as stated in paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(b) The request may be served on any party without leave of the Assistant Administrator or administrative law judge.
(3) Specify a reasonable time, place, and manner of making the inspection and performing the related acts;
(4) Specify the time, place, manner, conditions, and scope of the physical or mental examination and the person or persons by whom it is to be made. A report of examining physician shall be made in accordance with Rule 35(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, title 28, U.S. Code, as amended.
(d) The party upon whom the request is served shall serve on the party submitting the request a written response within 30 days after service of the request.
(2) That objection is made in whole or in part, in which case the reasons for objection shall be stated.
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.