49 CFR § 541.4 - Definitions.
(b) Other definitions.
(1) Interior surface means, with respect to a vehicle part, a surface that is not directly exposed to sun and precipitation.
(2) Light-duty truck (LDT) means a motor vehicle, with motive power, except a trailer, designed primarily for the transportation of property or special purpose equipment, that is rated at 6,000 pounds gross vehicle weight or less.
(3) Line means a name which a manufacturer applies to a group of motor vehicles of the same make which have the same body or chassis, or otherwise are similar in construction or design. A “line” may, for example, include 2-door, 4-door, station wagon, and hatchback vehicles of the same make.
(4) 1990/91 median theft rate means 3.5826 thefts per thousand vehicles produced.
(5) Multipurpose passenger vehicle (MPV) means a passenger motor vehicle which is constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation and which is rated at 6,000 pounds gross vehicle weight or less.
(6) Passenger car is used as defined in § 571.3 of this chapter.
(7) VIN means the vehicle identification number required by part 565 of this chapter.