49 CFR 80.7 - Application process.
(a) Public and private applicants for credit assistance under this part will be required to submit applications to the DOT in order to be considered for approval by the Secretary.
(b) At a minimum, such applications shall provide:
(1) Documentation sufficient to demonstrate that the project satisfies each of the threshold criteria in § 80.13 and describe the extent to which the project satisfies each of the selection criteria in § 80.15;
(2) Background information on the project for which assistance is sought, such as the project's description, status of environmental and other major governmental permits and approvals, and construction schedule;
(3) Background information on the applicant (project sponsor);
(4) Historical information, if applicable, concerning the applicant's financial condition, including, for example, independently audited financial statements and certifications concerning bankruptcies or delinquencies on other debt; and
(5) Current financial information concerning both the project and the applicant, such as sources and uses of funds for the project and a forecast of cash flows available to service all debt instruments.
(c) An application for a project located in or sponsored by more than one State or other entity shall be submitted to the DOT by just one State or entity. The sponsoring States or entities shall designate a single obligor for purposes of applying for, receiving, and repaying TIFIA credit assistance.
(d) Each fiscal year for which Federal assistance is available under this part, the DOT shall publish a Federal Register notice to solicit applications for credit assistance. Such notice will specify the relevant due dates, the estimated amount of funding available to support TIFIA credit instruments for the current and future fiscal years, contact name(s), and other details for that year's application submissions and funding approvals.