49 CFR 802.8 - Disclosure of requested information.
(a) The System Manager may initially determine that the request be granted. If so, the individual making the request shall be notified orally, or in writing, and the notice shall include:
(1) A brief description of the information to be made available;
(2) The time and place where the record may be inspected, or alternatively, the procedure for delivery by mail to the requesting party;
(3) The estimated cost for furnishing copies of the record;
(4) The requirements for verification of identity;
(5) The requirements for authorizing discussion of the record in the presence of an accompanying person; and
(6) Any additional requirements needed to grant access to a specific system of records or record.
(b) Within 10 working days after actual receipt of the request by the Director, Bureau of Administration, or his designee, in appropriate cases, the requester will be informed:
(1) That the request does not reasonably describe the system of records or record sought to permit its identification, and shall set forth the additional information needed to clarify the request; or
(2) That the system of records identified does not include a record retrievable by the requester's name or other identifying particulars.
(c) The System Manager shall advise the requester within 10 working days after actual receipt of the request by the Director, Bureau of Administration, or his designee, that the request for access has been denied, and the reason for the denial, or that the determination has been made to grant the request, either in whole or in part, in which case the relevant information will be provided.