49 CFR 825.20 - Briefs in support of appeal.
(a) Within 20 days after the filing of a notice of appeal, the appellant must file, in the same manner as prescribed for the notice in § 825.5, a brief in support of the appeal.
(b) This document shall set forth:
(1) The name and address of the appellant;
(2) The number and a description of the license, certificate, document, or register involved;
(3) A summary of the charges affirmed by the Commandant as proved;
(4) Fact findings by the Commandant disputed by the appellant;
(5) Specific statements of errors of laws asserted;
(6) Specific statements of any abuse of discretion asserted; and
(7) The relief requested.
(c) Objection based upon evidence of record need not be considered unless the appeal contains specific record citation to the pertinent evidence.
(d) When a brief has been filed by appellant under this section, the Coast Guard may, within 15 days of service of the brief on the Commandant, submit to the Board a reply brief.
(e) If a party who has filed a notice of appeal does not perfect the appeal by the timely filing of an appeal brief, the Board may dismiss the appeal on its own initiative or on motion of the Coast Guard.