49 CFR Subpart C - Exceptions to the Use of the Locomotive Horn
- § 222.31 [Reserved]
Silenced Horns at Individual Crossings (§ 222.33)
Silenced Horns at Groups of Crossings - Quiet Zones (§§ 222.35 - 222.59)
- § 222.35 What are the minimum requirements for quiet zones?
- § 222.37 Who may establish a quiet zone?
- § 222.38 Can a quiet zone be created in the Chicago Region?
- § 222.39 How is a quiet zone established?
- § 222.41 How does this rule affect Pre-Rule Quiet Zones and Pre-Rule Partial Quiet Zones?
- § 222.42 How does this rule affect Intermediate Quiet Zones and Intermediate Partial Quiet Zones?
- § 222.43 What notices and other information are required to create or continue a quiet zone?
- § 222.45 When is a railroad required to cease routine sounding of locomotive horns at crossings?
- § 222.47 What periodic updates are required?
- § 222.49 Who may file Grade Crossing Inventory Forms?
- § 222.51 Under what conditions will quiet zone status be terminated?
- § 222.53 What are the requirements for supplementary and alternative safety measures?
- § 222.55 How are new supplementary or alternative safety measures approved?
- § 222.57 Can parties seek review of the Associate Administrator's actions?
- § 222.59 When may a wayside horn be used?
The following state regulations pages link to this page.