49 CFR Part 551, Subpart D - Service of Process on Foreign Manufacturers and Importers
prev | next
Designation of an Agent for Service of Process (§§ 551.45 - 551.52)
- § 551.45 What is the purpose of this subpart?
- § 551.46 Who must comply with this subpart and when?
- § 551.47 Who may serve as an agent for a foreign manufacturer?
- § 551.48 May an official of a foreign manufacturer serve as its agent?
- § 551.49 May a foreign manufacturer replace its agent?
- § 551.50 May more than one foreign manufacturer designate the same person as agent?
- § 551.51 May an agent assign performance of its functions to another individual or entity?
- § 551.52 How long will a foreign manufacturer's designation of agent remain in effect?
Form and Contents of Designation (§§ 551.53 - 551.65)
- § 551.53 What is the required format for a designation?
- § 551.54 What are the required contents for a designation?
- § 551.55 What information must a Designation by Foreign Manufacturer contain?
- § 551.56 What information must an Acceptance by Agent contain?
- § 551.57 Who may sign the Designation by Foreign Manufacturer?
- § 551.58 Who may sign the Acceptance by Agent?
- § 551.59 May the same individual sign both the Designation by Foreign Manufacturer and Acceptance by Agent?
- § 551.60 When must the Designation by Foreign Manufacturer be signed?
- § 551.61 When must the Acceptance by Agent be signed?
- § 551.62 Where should a foreign manufacturer mail the designation?
- § 551.63 May a foreign manufacturer submit a designation by email or facsimile?
- § 551.64 What if designation documents submitted by a foreign manufacturer do not comply with this subpart?
- § 551.65 What if a foreign manufacturer changes its name, address or product names or marks?
Method of Service of Process (§§ 551.66 - 551.68)