5 CFR 1215.28 - Administrative offset.
(1) The debt is certain in amount;
(3) Offset is cost effective or has significant deterrent value; and
(4) Offset is best suited to further and protect the Government's interest.
(1) The nature and amount of the debt and the agency's intention to collect the debt by offset 30 days from the date the notice was mailed if neither payment nor a satisfactory response is received by that date;
(2) The debtor's right to an opportunity to submit a good faith alternative repayment schedule to inspect and copy agency records pertaining to the debt, to request a review of the determination of indebtedness; and to enter into a written agreement to repay the debt; and
(3) The applicable interest.
(1) Failure of offset would substantially prejudice the Government's ability to collect the debt; and
(2) The time before the payment is to be made does not reasonably permit completion of those procedures.