5 CFR 1216.101 - Scope and purpose.
(a) This part establishes policy, assigns responsibilities and prescribes procedures with respect to:
(1) The production or disclosure of official information or records by MSPB employees, advisors, and consultants; and
(2) The testimony of current and former MSPB employees, advisors, and consultants relating to official information, official duties, or the MSPB's record, in connection with federal or state litigation in which the MSPB is not a party.
(b) The MSPB intends this part to:
(1) Conserve the time of MSPB employees for conducting official business;
(2) Minimize the involvement of MSPB employees in issues unrelated to MSPB's mission;
(3) Maintain the impartiality of MSPB employees in disputes between private litigants; and
(4) Protect sensitive, confidential information and the deliberative processes of the MSPB.
(c) In providing for these requirements, the MSPB does not waive the sovereign immunity of the United States.
(d) This part provides guidance for the internal operations of MSPB. It does not create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, that a party may rely upon in any legal proceeding against the United States.