5 CFR § 1690.15 - Freezing an account—administrative holds.
(a) The TSP record keeper may freeze (e.g., place an administrative hold on) a participant's account for any of the following reasons:
(2) Pursuant to a request from the Department of Justice under the Mandatory Victims Restitution Act;
(3) Upon the death of a participant;
(4) Upon suspicion or knowledge of fraudulent account activity or identity theft;
(5) In response to litigation pertaining to an account;
(6) For operational reasons (e.g., to correct a processing error or to stop payment on a check when account funds are insufficient);
(7) Pursuant to a written request from a participant made in the manner prescribed by the TSP record keeper; and
(8) For any other reason necessary to ensure the integrity of TSP accounts or compliance with law.