5 CFR 1820.10 - Scope and purpose.
(a) This part establishes policy, assigns responsibilities and prescribes procedures with respect to:
(1) The production or disclosure of official information or records by current and former OSC employees, and contractors; and
(2) The testimony of current and former OSC employees, advisors, and consultants relating to official information, official duties, or the OSC's records, in connection with federal or state litigation or administrative proceedings in which the OSC is not a party.
(b) The OSC intends this part to:
(1) Conserve the time of OSC employees for conducting official business;
(3) Maintain the impartiality of OSC employees in disputes between private litigants; and
(4) Protect sensitive, confidential information and the deliberative processes of the OSC.
(c) In providing for these requirements, the OSC does not waive the sovereign immunity of the United States.
(d) This part provides guidance for the internal operations of OSC. It does not create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, that a party may rely upon in any legal proceeding against the United States.