5 CFR 351.705 - Administrative assignment.
(a) An agency may, at its discretion, adopt provisions which:
(1) Permit a competing employee to displace an employee with lower retention standing in the same subgroup consistent with § 351.701 when the agency cannot make an equally reasonable assignment by displacing an employee in a lower subgroup;
(2) Permit an employee in subgroup III-AD to displace an employee in subgroup III-A or III-B, or permit an employee in subgroup III-A to displace an employee is subgroup III-B consistent with § 351.701; or
(3) Provide competing employees in the excepted service with assignment rights to other positions under the same appointing authority on the same basis as assignment rights provided to competitive service employees under § 351.701 and in paragraphs (a) (1) and (2) of this section.
(b) Provisions adopted by an agency under paragraph (a) of this section:
(1) Shall be consistent with this part;
(2) Shall be uniformly and consistently applied in any one reduction in force;
(3) May not provide for the assignment of an other-than-full-time employee to a full-time position;
(4) May not provide for the assignment of a full-time employee to an other-than-full-time position;
(5) May not provide for the assignment of an employee in a competitive service position to a position in the excepted service; and
(6) May not provide for the assignment of an employee in an excepted position to a position in the competitive service.