5 CFR 536.207 - Loss of eligibility for grade retention.
(a) Eligibility for grade retention as a result of an entitlement under§ 536.201 ceases if any of the following conditions occurs at any time after the employee receives written notice of the reduction in grade, but before the commencement of the 2-year period of grade retention:
(2) The employee is reduced in grade for personal cause or at the employee's request (based on the actual grade of the employee's position rather than the employee's retained grade and, when a movement to a different covered pay system is involved, a comparison of comparison rates under§ 536.105);
(3) The employee moves to a position under a covered pay system with a grade that is equal to or higher than the retained grade (as determined under§ 536.105), excluding a temporary promotion;
(4) The employee declines a reasonable offer of a position with a grade equal to or higher than the retained grade (as determined under§§ 536.104 and 536.105);
(b) Eligibility for grade retention as a result of entitlement under§ 536.202 ceases if any of the following conditions occurs at any time after management informs the employee of an impending reorganization or reclassification that will or could result in a reduction in grade, but before the commencement of the 2-year period of grade retention:
(1) Any of the conditions listed in paragraph (a) of this section except that an employee's request for placement in a lower-graded position, in lieu of displacing another employee at his or her grade under reduction in force procedures, is not a declination of a reasonable offer for grade retention purposes; or
(2) The employee fails to enroll in, or to comply with reasonable written requirements established to assure full consideration under, a program providing priority consideration for placement.
(c) If an employee loses eligibility for grade retention under this section, the employee's rate of basic pay must be set in accordance with the pay-setting rules and pay rates applicable to the employee's position of record (e.g.,5 CFR part 531, subpart B, for GS positions). An employee is not eligible for pay retention under subpart C of this part based on an action that provided eligibility for grade retention if the employee elects to terminate eligibility for grade retention under paragraph (a)(5) or (b) of this section.
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 536.