5 CFR 550.105 - Biweekly maximum earnings limitation.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, an employee may receive premium pay under this subpart only to the extent that the payment does not cause the total of his or her basic pay and premium pay for any biweekly pay period to exceed the greater of -
(1) The maximum biweekly rate of basic pay payable for GS-15 (including any applicable locality-based comparability payment under section 5304 or similar provision of law and any applicable special rate of pay under 5 U.S.C. 5305 or similar provision of law); or
(2) The biweekly rate payable for level V of the Executive Schedule.
(c) This section does not apply to -
(1) Any pay period during which an employee is subject to an annual limitation as provided in § 550.106;
(d) The biweekly rates of pay for the GS-15 maximum rate and for level V of the Executive Schedule are computed as follows:
(1) Compute an hourly rate by dividing the applicable published annual rate of basic pay by 2,087 hours and rounding the result to the nearest cent.
(2) Compute the biweekly rate by multiplying the hourly rate from paragraph (d)(1) of this section by 80 hours.
(e) Notwithstanding any other provision in this section, premium pay for protective services authorized by 18 U.S.C. 3056(a) is subject to the requirements in section 118 of the Treasury and General Government Appropriations Act of 2001 (as enacted into law by section 1(3) of Public Law 106-554).
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 550 after this date.