(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, an employee may receive premium pay under this subpart only to the extent that the payment does not cause the total of his or her basic pay and premium pay for any biweekly pay period to exceed the greater of—
(1) The maximum biweekly rate of basic pay payable for GS-15 (including any applicable locality-based comparability payment undersection 5304 or similar provision of law and any applicable special rate of pay under 5 U.S.C. 5305 or similar provision of law); or
(2) The biweekly rate payable for level V of the Executive Schedule.
(b) In applying the biweekly limitation under this section, premium pay of the types listed in§ 550.107(a) must be paid before paying any other type of premium pay.
(c) This section does not apply to—
(1) Any pay period during which an employee is subject to an annual limitation as provided in§ 550.106;
(2) An employee of the Federal Aviation Administration or the Department of Defense who receives premium pay under5 U.S.C. 5546a.
(d) The biweekly rates of pay for the GS-15 maximum rate and for level V of the Executive Schedule are computed as follows:
(1) Compute an hourly rate by dividing the applicable published annual rate of basic pay by 2,087 hours and rounding the result to the nearest cent.
(2) Compute the biweekly rate by multiplying the hourly rate from paragraph (d)(1) of this section by 80 hours.
(e) Notwithstanding any other provision in this section, premium pay for protective services authorized by18 U.S.C. 3056(a) is subject to the requirements in section 118 of the Treasury and General Government Appropriations Act of 2001 (as enacted into law by section 1(3) of Public Law 106-554).