5 CFR 550.204 - Agency procedures.
(a) Each agency shall establish written procedures governing advance payments. These procedures shall include -
(2) Criteria to be considered before waiving all or part of advance payments; and
(3) Processing and accounting procedures governing advance payments.
(b) Before making an advance payment, an agency shall require that the employee sign an agreement to repay to the Federal Government any amount for which repayment has not been waived by the agency head under § 550.206 of this part.
(1) A statement indicating how the advance in pay will be recovered from the employee by the Federal Government, either in installments under agency procedures for payroll deductions or by salary offset procedures under subpart K of this part;
(2) The total amount of the advance in pay, the total number of pay periods for repayment of the advance in pay, and the amount that will be deducted from the pay of the employee by payroll deductions or salary offset for each pay period;
(3) A statement indicating that the employee may prepay all or part of the balance of the advance payment at any time before the money is due, including instructions as to where and how such prepayments may be made.
(4) A statement indicating that the amount of the advance in pay not yet repaid by an employee or waived by the agency head is due and must be repaid by the employee if the employee transfers to another agency or the individual's employment with the agency is terminated for any reason; and
(5) A statement indicating that any amount of the remaining balance of the advance in pay that has not been waived or repaid by the employee on transfer or termination for any reason must be recovered by salary offset under subpart K of this part and/or by such other method as is provided by law.
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 550 after this date.